Winter, spring, summer or fall, all you have to do is call (an agent affiliated with CENTURY 21® Real Estate) and we’ll be there. Here are a few tips for to help ensure an efficient home sale during the winter months.
1. Shovel and salt: Blizzard or no blizzard, a few flurries can freeze quickly and create an ice patch  in front of your home. Shovel and put out salt the moment the snow starts. Additionally, always keep a clear path from the sidewalk to the door to make it safer to walk into the home. There is nothing worse than having a buyer or agent almost slip on ice!
2. Keep it warm: Keeping your home the right temperature is an important aspect of creating a successful open house, regardless of the season. In the winter, it’s especially important because you don’t want buyers to be shivering as they walk through your home. Find a happy medium between hot and cold.
3. Let there be light: A well-lit home is welcoming. Since the days are shorter and the nights are darker, it’s crucial to make sure there is enough light during your open house. Turn on all the lights throughout the home, including the closets, to show everything off.
You can add even more lighting to rooms that don’t have as many windows by placing spotlights on the floors behind furniture to accentuate parts of the home. Make sure that walkways and outdoor areas are well-lit so that people can navigate them safely.
4. Make it cozy: People want to feel cozy in the winter, especially when they’ve traveled through the cold to get to your open house. Your home should be as decluttered and depersonalized as possible during an open house, but feel free to add a few cozy elements like throw pillows and an extra blanket.
5. Curb Appeal: You may not have beautiful blooms in the winter, but that doesn’t mean you can’t upgrade your curb appeal. Paint your door with a fresh coat of paint, assemble planters with plants that do well in winter, and trim shrubs and trees so that people can walk safely.
You never get a second chance at a first impression. These tips will help you have a safe and successful open house in the winter.
Syndicated via Century 21 Blog. Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/century21/wAvv/~3/ZJTNbqSCNpQ/